Learning from Chapter 12 of Hebrews.
We walk our Spiritual life the way we walk our natural one.
We need to Strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us.
Our lives will be hampered by bondages. God is well aware of this fact.. Let's run this race anyway.
1. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish.
2. Jesus is aware. He endured when sinful people did such terrible things to him, so that you and I don't become weary and give up.
3. take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs.
4. Mark out a straight path for your feet.
Then those who around you, though they might also be weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong.
5. Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.
6. Look after each other so that none of you will miss out on the special favor of God.
What to watch for:
1. Watch out that no bitter root of unbelief rises up among you, for whenever it springs up, many are corrupted by its poison.
2. Make sure that no one is immoral or godless.
We are made righteous with God. Dont give it up like Esau. He traded his birthright as the oldest son for a single meal. And afterward, when he wanted his father's blessing, he was rejected. It was too late for repentance, even though he wept bitter tears.
3. See to it that you obey God, the one who is speaking to you. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, how terrible our danger if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven!
28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.
29 For our God is a consuming fire.